Labels

Thursday 5 July 2012

Buckingham Palace - Year 7 - Queen for A Day


....On July 4th Year 7 went to visit Buckingham Palace to see the Royal Mews, where the State Carriages are kept and then on to the Palace itself where we visited the opulent State Rooms, the Royal Gallery and Diamond Collection and the Royal Gardens.

The visit was fascinating and enabled the girls to see how modern Monarchy works and functions alongside its subjects.











At present Year 7 are studying 'Two Weeks with the Queen' so the trip gave some background to the setting of the novel as well as a more historical context in preparation for Year 8 Literature. 

Unfortunately the Queen was unable to join us for tea as she was in Balmoral.


5 comments:

  1. Trinity Perkins9 July 2012 at 14:27

    Buckingham Palace was great fun. We first visited the mews which was my favourite because I love horses. We then visited the house and diamonds. The diamonds were beautiful but the room they were in was very stuffy and claustrophobic. The palace was beautiful and very interesting because of the pictures and décor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that Buckingham Palace was an amazing experience for all of us. I think it would be great if all of the years had an experience for themselves with their school or with their family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy Grossmith-Dwek9 July 2012 at 14:34

    I think that the trip that we went on was great fun. I really liked the house because it was had amazing décor and lots of gold. I really liked the secret doors they were very cool. Overall I thought it was fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buckingham Palace was one of the best trips I 've ever been to! It was very interesting learning about the paintings and the history of the palace. It was great fun seeing the horses at the Royal Mews. I thought this was an amazing trip and I hope everyone who went enjoyed it as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buckingham Palace was a great experience and there was so much to see. The diamonds were amazing and the rooms were huge. I wish I had a bedroom that big!! The Royal Mews was great too. I learnt alot from the trip and saw fantastic things. There was also a secret door that only a few of us realised existed! on Buckingham Palace - Year 7 - Queen for A Day

    ReplyDelete